Sunday, July 17, 2011

How should I decide my favorite soccer club?

If you have a local team (at least if theyre any good) I'd suggest them as you can go and get the live experience more easily and often. But the way I did was as a small child I watched alot of teams, especially at the '98 world cup, and I chose a favourite player to follow, which was michael owen. I then began to follow Liverpool because he played for them, and fell in love with the club. Yes I was upset when he left but my love for the club had far out grown any player (even Stevie G), and the fabric of the club was in my heart. I think to truly be a great player you have to have an extreme tribal passion and it develops by falling in love with a team. Gerrard at Liverpool. Shearer at Newcastle. Messi at Barca. Real Madrid's a good team, but having watched on TV and live at the bernabeu, i feel they have no heart as a club- (Other than Liverpool) i'd support a less affluent but more grounded club such as spurs, stoke, dare i say everton. Abroad I'd say Atletico Madrid or Valencia in Spain. Schalke or Werder Bremen of Germany. Juventus or Roma in Italy. All of these have proud histories which shape a caring and proud club. But i'd support Liverpool Football Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment