Thursday, July 14, 2011

Should I tell my psychiatrist that I've been doing Percocet once a week for a year now?

Every Saturday I take two 5mg percocets to get high. I don't believe it's a problem and I am certainly not addicted. I mean seriously... Once a week is no harm! I have been doing for about 10 months now and I am extremely disciplined in my consumption. I know too much about the drug and its addictive properties. Caution and strong control is my priority. No tolerance has been built or anything. I get the same feeling every time I do 10 mgs. I do it because it gives me energy (oddly) and it eliminates my anxiety. Also, it's an amazing investment considering my financial stability. I live with my parents which earn less than 30,000 a year altogether. I rather spend 5 dollars for 8 hours of joy than 20 dollars to watch a movie and eat somewhere (way more if I go out on a date). So yea, my real question is if disclosing this information would jeopardize my ability to obtain ADHD medication? I think I might have ADHD because i've been having a hard time focusing, concentrating, and memorizing stuff. I also think i suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness.I am 18 years old and I've been experiencing these symptoms since i was like 13. I have already been in a car (not my fault but totally avoidable) accident due to drowsiness. I'm taking action now because I'll be starting school (University) in less than 2 months. I plan on studying medicine and I don't want my problems ruining my chances of getting into medical school. So yea, what do you think? Oh i think I'm going to get beta blockers for my social anxiety. Nothing that serious just that my hands tend to shake a bit when I do hands on stuff in front of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment